December 4, 2013

Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganach

Cheesecake is one of the most common desserts at my home that my lil one every week demands for. In spite of the exorbitant price of Cream Cheese (the Philadelphia one) I have to indulge in it for my daughter's taste sake. I have so many bookmarked recipes in my folder which offer Cheese cake made out of cottage cheese/ ricotta cheese/ hung card etc, but I am yet to try those. Here somehow the mind got blocked with the assurance that nothing can beat the taste of Philadelphia cream cheese (the only trusted brand available in Kolkata) and the Cheesecake made out of it. This time I had some guests at home and the next day was the last Kolkata Food Blogger's Table meet of this year. So decided to make this dessert on which I got hooked from the new Cook Book gifted by my hubby. I made this in a jiffy along with all the listed dishes that was planned to feast the guests. And no need to say all were too contented after having each dish starting from the starter to the dessert. After coming from the USA I hardly have guest at my home. Most of the time we visit all but don't get much time to invite some and feed rather we take them to the restaurants to save time and energy too. Ah, yes life has become so mechanical here. And that I don't like at all. Due to my work load, the household activities and attending the lil one gobble up all my free times to indulge in this merriment to entertain guest and cook some delicious meal for them. I use to enjoy this so much in my US stay. In every alternate week we used to have party at home and flood of tasty foods. Ah gone were those days. After a long time again I tasted that pleasure to have banquet at home.
The recipe I have followed was from my newly owned copy of The Cookie and Biscuit Bible. In this book over 400 delicious, easy-to-make recipes for brownies, bars, muffins and crackers, showed step-by-step in over 1300 glorious photographs. I have adapted the recipe from the Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie and as usual gave some touch of my own. But when S of A Homemaker's Diary and a KFBian tasted this said the name should be appropriate if we title it Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganach. I was so happy when I took some of these pieces for the KFBians at the KFB meet all devoured it and made me so happy. So the name it got Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganach…..Should we now proceed to the recipe:
Recipe partially adapted from: The Cookie and Biscuit Bible 
Ingredients:
(I have used a square 6 X 6 baking tin pan)
For the Brownie Base:
Semi Sweet Chocolate: 100gm
Butter: 100gm (I used Amul )
Castor Sugar: 3/4 cup
Eggs: 2
Flour: 1/2 cup 
For the Cheese Cake:
(In the recipe only one block of cream cheese has been used. But I have increased it at 2.)
 Cream Cheese: 2  blocks - each one of 8 oz ( I used Philadelphia)
Eggs: 3
Powdered Sugar: 1 & 1/2 cups
Vanilla essence : 1 tsp 
For the Ganach:
Cream: 200gm (I used Amul tetra Pack)
Grated Dark Chocolate : 1 cup

Note: Everything should be in the room temperature.
Method:
1. First line the baking pan with Aluminum foil nicely. Best trick is to first turn the baking pan upside down. Then take the impression of the pan with foil so that when you will take it out it will itself look like a square container. Then fit that structure in the pan which will get fit easily.
2. Make the cheese cake mixture first. Cream the cream cheese and sugar nicely. Add the essence. Beat. Add the eggs one at a time and then beat in to  smooth batter. Reserve.
3. Then make the brownie base. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a microwave or in a double boiler. When the chocolate gets melted take it off the heat and stir the sugar in it nicely. Let it get cool for a while then add the eggs one at a time and beat nicely. Add flour and fold gently.
4. Pre- heat the oven at 160 degree C. I usually pre- heat my Convection oven or OTG at 200 degree C for 5-8mnts and the at the time of baking put the desired temperature and start baking.
5. Take the baking pan. Pour the brownie mixture first. Then slowly pour the Cream cheese mixture. Bake for 40 to 45 mnts (More or less, pls keep on checking until a knife or toothpick pricked comes out clean) at 160 degree C.
6. Take it out of the heat and cool it.
7. Make the Ganach. Heat a pan and pour the cream. When the cream will become warm add the chocolate. Keep on stirring on a low heat until the chocolate melts and mixes in the cream nicely. Let the sauce make semi thick and then pour it on the cheese cake as a top layer. You cake keep little bit cream aside to make some Latte Art on the top.
8. For best result refrigerate overnight and then serve.

3 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

that cheese cake looks really yum... i could have the whole cake... so good...

Purabi Naha said...

I can understand...same with me you know. When we didn't have kids, things were different. There was so much time for everything. But, I must say that your brownie bottomed delight is just great! Well done, Kamalika!

Unknown said...

Sounds really good... Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected