July 21, 2013

Chicken Quiche

Quiche (Keesh, how it gets pronounced), is one of my favourites and many a time I thought of giving it try at home. But I was too much fascinated with all the easy recipes that rivet to spend no time in the kitchen. Being a Food Blogger I may sound queer, but I have seen my most popular recipes are those which are easy to cook in minutes kind of dishes. That means many are there like me who always seek for easy and short time taking recipes. Believe me I found this Chicken Quiche very easy and less time taking too. One day I read a Recipe on Quiche which one of my blogger friends Antara who blogs at Antypasti.com, had posted. I got quite inspired and bookmarked it to try.  Yesterday I had a small Tea Party at home so I decided to offer some different small savoury bites to them. I was bit of scared how the dish would come up or it would taste. But I was too happy with the success. I prepared the dish in my way. But thanks for many inspiring recipes which I combined and created mine. Next time I have thought of giving an Indianised version to the Chicken Quiche.
Few lines about Quiche:
Although known as a classic French dish, the quiche originated in Germany. The word quiche means "cake" which came from the German word Kuchen. Today, quiche is considered as typically French. However, savoury custards in pastry were known in English cuisine at least as early as the 14th century. Recipes for custards baked in pastry containing meat, fish and fruit are referred to Crustardes of flessh and Crustade in the 14th-centuryThe Forme of Cury and in 15th-century cookbooks as well. (Source: HERE)

Let us now move on to my recipe. Chicken Quiche is very easy to make and you will fall in love with it that I can bet. Quiches are such a great stunner for small Tea Parties that I realised yesterday. So here is the recipe of Chicken Quiche: 
 Ingredients:
(Yields 9-10 cup cake size Quiche )
For  the Shell:
Flour: 1 & 1/2 cups
Egg: 1
Butter: 50gm (Room temperature)
Salt: 1/4 tspn
Water: As per requirement

For the Stuffing:
Minced Chicken : 200-250gm
Chedder Cheese: 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup, Grated  (I used Britannia one)
Onion : 1 Medium Size (Chopped)
Mushroom : 4-5 (Chopped)
Mayonnaise : 2 tbspn
Sweet Chilli Sauce : 1 tbspn (You can add more)
Egg : 1
White Pepper Powder : 1/4 tbspn (Optional)
Salt & Sugar according to taste
Method:
  1. First make  the dough as with make for Roti/Bread. First mix all the dry ingredients nicely then add the butter . Knead. Then add Egg. Knead again then add water little bit at a time. Keep on kneading unless the dough becomes smooth and soft.
  2. Make the stuffing: Add everything under the stuffing section except the 1/4 cup cheese and mix well.
  3. Take a muffin/ cup cake pan. Grease it well.
  4. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree C.
  5. Make 9-10 a little bit bigger than a ping pong size balls and with a help of a rolling pin roll them like a flat bread/Luchi/ Pizza base. The thickness will be not much but not so thin too. Take each base and put it in each cups shaping them according to the size.
  6. Put stuffing in each cup and bake for 20mnts.
  7. Take the pan out and top little bit of grated cheese on each Quiche.
  8. Bake for another 2-3 mnts. And serve with sauce.

Notes:
1. You can add loads of vegetable in the place of chicken.
2. To make the stuffing more soft and creamy you can add milk too. Add milk with the egg and beat together. And then add.
3. You can add many more spices and sauces to enrich the taste.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

quiche looks super yummy....

Raksha said...

u have very nicely explained this. I will try this for sure.

Unknown said...

Looks so yummy.

Anonymous said...

Unable to take my eyes off the pictures. Have savoured them for now. Will read the whole post soon :D

Chitz said...

Delectable quiche dear.. Tempting clicks !

Unknown said...

Award waiting for you in my blog do collect it :)
http://justnotthecakes.blogspot.com/2013/07/award-time-my-first-award.html

Swathi said...

Chicken quiche looks awesome Kamalika.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected