August 26, 2010

Mango Pie


The dulcifying savour still smacks my lips. I tasted this dish in one of my husband’s colleagues’ party almost 4 years back. This was served as the dessert and everyone englutted it in no time. Being a newlywed bride my prime attention was then to feed my husband with new kind of viands. Cooking then became a passion for me and a ritual to ask for each and every recipe served in each party. And all the hosts got to get ready with their recipes handy before my arrival.


Mango Pie is one of the most challenging recipes till date for me which I failed to make two times and then quit 4 years back. I noted down the recipe properly but never understood the trick of wielding the Gelatin then. Both the times the pie was failed to jell. I dared to ask the recipe again as this was prepared by the colleague himself and all my research on setting a pie from the net didn’t work at all. So the best option I chose to relinquish. Now almost 4 years are passed and I have become the queen of the kitchen in moderate sense. In this long run, I crafted my hands in Jell-O making quite often. And two of my greatest achievements, the Layered Jell-O and the Broken Glass Jell-O gave me the confidence to try the failed recipe once again. No need to say this time when I defied the dish, it’s a grand success. You all should see the winning pacification on my face when I saw the pie congealed. This time I made a little bit of change by the addition of a layer of jelled condense milk, as I have to use the condense milk any way. With the addition of the layer the pie looked more colourful and tasty too.  The base of chocolate pie crust and two layers of a gelatinous condensed milk and the piquant mango pulp conflated with cream cheese, made a luscious twinge of delicacy. Both the kids and the adult would enjoy the dish till the last bite.

  Shuffling some information on Gelatin last night, I encountered with this fact, from which I was totally ignorant-
“Gelatin is a protein substance derived from collagen, a natural protein present in the tendons, ligaments, and tissues of mammals. It is produced by boiling the connective tissues, bones and skins of animals, usually cows and pigs. Gelatin's ability to form strong, transparent gels and flexible films that are easily digested, soluble in hot water, and capable of forming a positive binding action have made it a valuable commodity in food processing, pharmaceuticals, photography, and paper production.” 
 

Did you know that!!!!! If you want to read more about Gelatin go Here.



 Now come to the recipe:-

Ingredients:-
Instant Chocolate pie crust base- 1
The first layer of Condense Milk:-
Condensed Milk- ½ cup
Knox Gelatin- 1 envelops
Water-1 cup
Second Layer of Mango Pulp:-
Mango pulp- 1 cup
Cream Cheese- 2 table spoon (soften in room temperature)
Water- 2 cups
Knox Gelatin- 2 envelops


Method:-

The first layer of Condense Milk:-

1. Boil ¾ cup water.

2. Pour the condense milk in a bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Fold nicely.

3. Pour 1 envelop of gelatine in ¼ cup of cold water, stir gently and leave for 2mnts to set. Add the remaining hot water. Mix well.

4. Add the gelatine to the milk mixture. Sir well.

5. Pour it on the pie crust base and refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set.

Second Layer of Mango Pulp:-

1. Boil 1 ½ cups.

2. Blend the Cream Cheese and the Mango pulp nicely. Add 1 cup boiling water.

3. Pour 2 envelops of gelatine in ½ cup of cold water, stir gently and leave for 2mnts to set. Add the remaining hot water. Mix well.
4. Add the gelatine to the mango pulp mixture. Sir well.
5. Pour it on the empty space of pie crust base and refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set. Best is to keep overnight to get the thick consistency. Enjoy....


Sending this to Indrani of Recipe Junction 's Summer Fruit event:

41 comments:

Ana Powell said...

Congratulations, your pie is absolutely breathtaking and so delicious.
Elegant and so outstanding recipe.
Great photos too ♥

aipi said...

That is one gorgeous looking pie..perfect n so tempting!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous dessert. It was worth the time it took to make it. It is really an eye-stopper. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Tanvi said...

those pie pics are absolutely a treat to my eyes! loved each click....wow

Satya said...

wow its an awesome looking dessert ...yummy ..drooling here
thanks dear for sharing this

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Biren said...

This looks and sounds delicious! I really like the two contrasting layers...very pretty and must be very tasty too :)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I'm speechless actually.....Looks awesome....Bari choley ashe ;-p?
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Deeba PAB said...

That's a gorgeous pie. I am just recovering from a failed version which we shall scoop out and eat! Must try yours if I can still find mangoes!

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Hi Kamalika,

Mango pie looks so delicious and awesome pics too !!! Happy to follow you will never miss your recipes !!!Do visit my space when you find time ..
http://www.frommyhomekitchen.com/

Angie's Recipes said...

What a stunning pie! I am drooling all over these pictures.

Jaya M said...

Kamalika,
orey baap rey!, ki delicious desert baniyecho, sokal belay eyi ta dekhe mokhe jol eshe gelo...delicious.
hugs and smiles

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

I can t take my eyes from this fab clicks..mouth watering here...very tempting recipe...thanx dear...:)

? said...

Kamalika, the pie looks delicious and the layers look perfect!
Have had this in many forms at friends' homes: plain gelatin with mango pulp and with the cream cheese and pulp mixture...this one looks really tempting

Uma said...

Amazing clicks!
havent used gelatin yet.. thanks for the info about gelatin!

Unknown said...

Thanks to all for your inspiring appreciation....

Sushma Mallya said...

wow what lovely pics, superb one kamalika...

Kalyani said...

wow the pie looks delicious ......

Sanjukta said...

This is great !!!Amazing pie!!!Yum...thanks for sharing. Will try soon ....

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, wat a stunning and catchy pie..feel like having some..

TREAT AND TRICK said...

What a amazing click! Looks perfect and delicious....

Hayley said...

Awesome..Awesome ...Awesome:)

Cooking Gallery said...

I love mangoes and your pies look totally delicious!

Veggie Hut said...

Stunning pics! Bookmarked

Urmi said...

Uffffffff eto sundor r durdanto mango pie baniyechho je ichhe korchhe ekhoni kheye feli. Oshadharon hoyechhe. Thank you ei darun recipe r jonno.

veena said...

wow!!!mouthwatering pie, amazing clicks

Fathima said...

they look so perfect... awesome clicks!

wenn said...

wow, i love it!

Unknown said...

Hi,

greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat pie...Thanx...

sameena@http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks every body...

Namitha said...

Awesome awesome...loved it

Aparna S Mallya said...

Looks gorgeous!!

Reminded me of mango cheesecake!!

Do participate in my No Bake Cake event : http://apycooking.blogspot.com/2010/08/no-bake-cake-event-ii.html

Juliana said...

Kamalika, your mango pie looks amazing...love the idea of the layers...condensed milk and then the mango...what a nice treat :-) Beautifully presented.

Unknown said...

Fabulous mango pie!! Looks perfect and yummy..

MaryMoh said...

Oh wow....what a beautiful mango pie!! I have to bookmark this. Looks very delicious. Thanks very much for sharing.

Sarah Naveen said...

Beautiful clicks..looks absolutely delicious

Mary Bergfeld said...

Just jumping back in to thank you for your kind words about the recipe. The salad really is delicious. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

My Kitchen Antics said...

OMG this looks just amazing..love the colours.
BTW you had asked me about the pancake for the spring rolls right..well thats actually the wrapper for the rolls. You make a set in advance and then use the filling and roll them up like how ive shown in the pic. I didnt make them, because i had store bought wrappers.
Hope this has solved ur question :)

Reshmi Ahmed said...

Hi Kamalika,
first time here ! absolutely breathtaking photography and great recipes to try for ! happy to follow ur posts :)

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Unknown said...

delicious n fabulous pie...

Corporate to Kitchen said...

Lovely dish! First time I am visiting your blog. You have a fantastic place dear. Love your pictures & great work

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected